Despite the fact that Nairobi is a capital city, it is surrounded by cliffs and forests that create a peaceful ambience. As a tourist, you will get an opportunity to experience some of the best sceneries in the country.Go to Vin’s automotive group website for transport facility.
Don’t be swayed by the busyness of the city. Yes, it’s a bustling city with many different cultures but it its great features that makes the city fascinating.
Great things to do in Nairobi:
1Nairobi National park
If you have the desire to see the big five, then this is the place to be. This national park gives you a taste of nature in the midst of all the chaos that is associated with city life. Zebras, Hippos, rhinos, lions, giraffe, Buffalo, Cheetah, and many other different species live in this park situated outside Nairobi Central Business Station.
This park is in Langa’ta and it is one of the best locations to visit if you have children. The park is home to several warthogs that will keep the children engaged. One of the great activities that you will engage in is feeding the giraffes by hand.
This orphanage hosts elephant calves and baby rhinos orphaned by poaching. Unlike other tourist attraction sites, this orphanage is opened once per day from 11am to 12 pm. You will also have to pay an admission fee of 500 Ksh.
4Nairobi National Museum
For those people who love history, this is the right place to visit. This museum provides information about Kenyan history and its different cultures. The museum is opened from 8.30 am to 5.30 pm.
There are many different restaurants that will give you an experience you will never forget. Different restaurants deal with the different delicacies from all over the world, so it will not be difficult to find something you fancy.
- Java House; there are many different restaurants around the city. The java house is known for its coffee and milkshakes. They do also have mouth-watering meals that are meant to give you the ultimate experience.
- Trattoria; many tourists that come in this city usually look for places that they can enjoy meals from their own country. If you enjoy Italian delicacy, then this the right place to be. They also have the signature Italian desserts like the tiramisu, soufflé and the coffee granite.
- Mesob; this restaurant is located at the China center near the China Embassy in Ngong road. Mesob gives you the ultimate Ethiopian experience with their great Ethiopian food.
- The Village Market Food Court; it has a wide range of different ethnic cuisines that you can enjoy. Italian, Chinese, Thai delicacies are some of the different cuisines you can enjoy.
- For the people who fancy fast food, there are different restaurants that you visit. This includes the very famous KFC, Galito’s Debonair- known for their pizzas and Kenchic.
Ice skating is one of the rejuvenating activities that you can enjoy. This activity can be enjoyed in Panari sky center in Nairobi. Panari is located along Mombasa rd. Nairobi.
As a tourist, you will experience challenges trying to get to these places without a car. You can get a rental car or hire one of the many taxis in Nairobi to take you around.